Revolutionary new verruca and wart treatment in Guildford – only available at Solely Feet.
We are the only clinic in Guildford to offer Swift. This pioneering new microwave therapy system effectively treats verrucae and warts.
Traditional verruca wart treatment has involved causing a breakdown of the skin cells that contain the virus, removing the damaged tissue, and then allowing the area to heal. These treatments can often be painful, protracted and costly. Our Guildford clinic offers the latest treatment for verrucae – Swift microwave technology.
Occasionally verrucae disappear on their own, however, this can very form vary from one person to another and can take months or years. Although there is no ‘wonder’ cure, treatments available generally aim to cause a breakdown in the skin and promote an immune response. Please note; at Solely Feet Clinic we only offer SWIFT verrucae treatment. However, if you would like to read more about other treatment options available
FREEZING (Cryosurgery): Use of Liquid Nitrogen to freeze the verruca. This a painful option both during AND after treatment. Dressings are required after the treatment and blistering usually occurs. The treatment requires frequent check-ups every 7 days. Painkillers are usually needed following the treatment and many treatments are normally needed to achieve resolution.
SALICYLIC ACID: This treatment involves placing a strong acid paste over the verruca. The apse is placed in a thick felt pad. This dressing hast to stay in place for 5-7 days. It MUST be kept completely dry. Therefore activities of daily living are affected.
OVER THE COUNTER TREATMENTS: There many different treatments available from pharmacies. They either are acid based or home freezing kits. The acids used in them is not as strong as those used at a podiatry clinic. They can be potentially dangerous if applied incorrectly. They take very long time to act.
The same applies to home freezing kits, they are not as cold, can cause tissue damage if used incorrectly and are not very effective on deep verrucae.
Verruca Wart Treatment How does it work?
Verruca/wart is a type of a benign tumor affecting the skin caused by one of many of types of the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV).
The microwave technology delivers rapid heat to your wart with minimal discomfort. In just a few seconds the treatment is complete allowing for the healing cascade to commence.
If you have tried many different treatments you will know:
- how long they can take to work
- how uncomfortable the treatment can be
- how painful your foot can be following the treatment
- how long it takes to recover
- how wearing pads and dressings and trying to keep them dry can impact life
Verruca Wart Treatment with SWIFT offers the following advantages:
- Rapid treatment time of just a few seconds
- Minimal discomfort
- No post treatment dressings or special precautions
- No inconvenience of showering or bathing with a dressing on
- No need to keep the foot dry for days
- No need for an anesthetic injection
- If your wart is causing you pain there is a rapid reduction in pain following treatment
- Proven results with over three-quarters of warts treated clearing by the end of treatment
- The system has been put through rigorous testing to ensure the highest possible levels of safety for patient
Does it hurt?
Like many treatments for skin lesions, some minor discomfort may be experienced. pain levels vary from person to person, but most people undergoing Swift liken it to a pain similar to an injection or scratch, lasting 2 – 3 seconds then quickly subsiding.
If you would like more information or have any questions regarding our verruca treatment with SWIFT call our clinic today on 01252 71 71 77.